OpenVPN down 2/8/20

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
15 posts Page 1 of 2
by kolohe » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:19 pm
The primary VPN (not beta) is down on February 8, 2020 at roughly 3 PMish.
by rthughes » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:35 pm
Still down at 4:34pm; Tried both iPad and Mac. No connection.
by tangof » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:08 pm
Yup, still down at 6.06.

This is becoming bad ... Sonic, any alternatives to this please? Also could a) someone from the staff acjknowledge these outages and b) add these to the support status?

Thanks
by rthughes » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:14 pm
I texted with Support about 4:30pm and they are aware of the problem
by tangof » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:28 pm
It would be nice though if they would include this in their "support blog"

Were yoiu given an ETA for this be resolved?

Thanks
by rthughes » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:35 pm
No ETA.
by kolohe » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:48 pm
It's frustrating for those of us with our entire network on the VPN since we're using AT&T lines. My household has been bitching about the lack of TV. I wish Dane would just give us a heads up on why there's been so many VPN outages.
by js9erfan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:59 pm
I got a notification that ovpn.sonic.net went down around 3:35pm... That said, their beta server has been the more reliable of the two so if you don't have any sort of fallback setup then you're probably better off using the beta server until Sonic can resolve this issue for the long term.
by kolohe » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:03 pm
js9erfan wrote:their beta server has been the more reliable of the two so if you don't have any sort of fallback setup then you're probably better off using the beta server
I was thinking about using the beta server, but various speed tests have reflected a lower throughput than the primary / main OpenVPN server.
by js9erfan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:37 pm
kolohe wrote:
js9erfan wrote:their beta server has been the more reliable of the two so if you don't have any sort of fallback setup then you're probably better off using the beta server
I was thinking about using the beta server, but various speed tests have reflected a lower throughput than the primary / main OpenVPN server.
That depends on your connection I guess. I'm maxing out my ATT FTTN connection @ ~30Mbps while routing through the beta server but yeah, probably slow for some :lol:
15 posts Page 1 of 2