OpenVPN down 1/1/20 ?

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by kolohe » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:19 pm
Looks like OpenVPN went down after 10 p.m. Hoping Sonic support sees this overnight.
by SFSonicCustomer » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:46 pm
My understanding is that Sonic does not have any overnight/holiday/24-7 support, at least not customer facing, which is quite surprising, to be honest. I presume their data centers are monitored continuously, though. Not having any after hours support is my only complaint with their service. Here’s to hoping that one day soon it will be offered.
by dkirker » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:25 am
I noticed the same. Unfortunately, I am currently remote. The router I have right now that sits behind my modem has older firmware and features, so I don't have a good failover setup in place. I think I had an active connection to ovpn.sonic.net (my last DDNS update shows 184.23.190.*). I suspect it is the PUSH_REQUEST issue that others have seen over the last few months... I suppose it is time for my to upgrade the system that serves as my edge router from some dinky consumer box with OpenWRT to something a little more robust.
by cdkeen » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:24 pm
I upgraded our openvpn server verison to the most current build on January 2nd (around 11pm) and included in the change log notes for the new version was a line that led me to believe that they have rectified the issue that was causing the PUSH_REQUEST to not get a reply back from the server. We do have monitoring in place for the server and the service that alerts our operations staff (which does have someone on call 24/7) and we have identified and improved some limitations that our monitoring had in place in an attempt to improve the service reliability.
cdkeen - Sonic.net System Operations
4 posts Page 1 of 1