Fax Limit?

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by r0b » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:36 pm
Mods please delete

Attachments

by dane » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:18 pm
Are you sending spam?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by r0b » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:51 am
I do NOT consider it spam sir. Email does not have a confirmation and Fax does. It is the only way to keep track of who has seen what information right now. (Government stuff) I talked to tech support and they said they assumed it was unsolicited. I can promise it is not advertising. If you would like more details on what I am sending, I can read you in on the campaign Dane. I can promise to keep it under 100 a day for sure. If your limit is like... 5 or something, then I can try and look elsewhere, but it was confirmed that Sonic's VOIP service doesn't love faxes. Thanks for the reply.

-Rob

edit: I will submit to any limit you impose, but I would also like to say that after extensive use of the FaxLine service, a few things stood out to me:

1. Even if a fax fails, it keeps trying to redial. This is fine if it is a busy number, or maybe 1 or 2 times if the number is not answering, but that is is 6 times, ties up "modems" I would imagine. Non optimal. It would be nice if it were user configurable.

-ERR DESTINATION_OUT_OF_ORDER
-ERR NETWORK_OUT_OF_ORDER
-ERR NO_ANSWER
-ERR RECOVERY_ON_TIMER_EXPIRE
-ERR UNALLOCATED_NUMBER
-ERR USER_BUSY
No response after sending a page
NOANSWER/NOCARRIER
Received a DCN while waiting for a DIS
Received bad response to DCS or training
Received no response to DCS or TCF
The HDLC carrier did not stop in a timely manner
Timed out waiting for the first message
Unexpected DCN after EOM or MPS sequence
Unexpected message received
Unknown Status
Received a DCN from remote after sending a page
Received bad response to DCS or training
Failed to train with any of the compatible modems

If I were testing Fax machines(which it does feel like sometimes), these would be great, but as an end user, they mean little more than the fax didn't go through.

2. When queueing up faxes, they do not go out in order. This is not a huge deal, but being an all manual process, I have been frustrated by it, as often faxes are sent in a specific order to people.

3. Finally, there have been several times, where documents in queue seemed to, according to the log, send a different file than I designated. For example:

Thursday, December 19, 2019, 3:35:43 PM 866-***-**** DisneyDisabledServicesLetter.pdf success 16 pages successfully transmitted

Wednesday, December 25, 2019, 3:11:06 PM 202-***-**** dontdoanythingaboutthisplease.txt success 16 pages successfully transmitted

These documents have only 2 and 6 pages respectively. It sent 16 for each. I am working with only 4 documents all with unique page counts. So, it "sent the wrong document"? This has happened multiple times. I realize this is a Labs product, but my main hope is that it is only happening within my account and not sending my fax to someone else, or vice versa.

Thanks again for the services you provide.
3 posts Page 1 of 1