OpenVPN down 12/24/19 ?

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by kolohe » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:11 am
Woke up and it looks like the OpenVPN went down overnight. Hoping some Sonic elves see this.
by dc01hxx42 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:23 am
Same, want it back up and not down for 2 days, it looks like it went down a few hours ago.
by js9erfan » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:15 am
Yep, it's down again but their beta server is up and has actually been more reliable over the last year: beta.vpn.sonic.net
by cdkeen » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:29 pm
Sorry for the recent problems with our openvpn server. Please let me know if these issues continue, either by replying to this post or by emailing support@sonic.net and referencing this post so that the issue can be assigned to me. Thanks for choosing Sonic! Here is some info that I just posted in another vpn thread on our forum:
cdkeen wrote:I upgraded our openvpn server verison to the most current build on January 2nd (around 11pm) and included in the change log notes for the new version was a line that led me to believe that they have rectified the issue that was causing the PUSH_REQUEST to not get a reply back from the server. We do have monitoring in place for the server and the service that alerts our operations staff (which does have someone on call 24/7) and we have identified and improved some limitations that our monitoring had in place in an attempt to improve the service reliability.
cdkeen - Sonic.net System Operations
4 posts Page 1 of 1