Cannot Receive Faxes

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by jbergmann » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:26 pm
Hey, Sonic Folk:

I need to receive a fax, but the sender has--six-times--been unable to get it through on one fax machine and 3 more times on another fax machine.

In the past, I've been able to send and receive faxes here (thank goodness), but something seems off over the last 3 days.. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you remedy it?

Thanks.
by ngufra » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:53 am
I think you need to give a little more to work with.

Is it a POTS line, is it a VoIP on fiber, is it the sonic fax line (sonic labs) ?
As you posted it in the labs section, i suspect it's the sonic labs fax line.And it's unsupported by sonic so it's a good place to ask.

Does it not pick up the phone or pick up and starts receiving then fail (ask the sending party what they hear when it fails)
Where is the other fax machine? overseas or local?
Have you been able to receive faxes from someone else?
by gwendolyn.davis » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:41 pm
ngufra:

Have been having a similar problem except with outbound faxes:

Sonic system says fax failed after 6 attempts but recipient tells me they received 6 copies of the fax.
by johnbergmann » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:18 pm
I reported that I had trouble with the Sonic Fax line. I have not tried any local fax over Sonic's phone service.

I have in the past received and sent faxes, but recently I have been told by the sender that they just get busy signals.

I have been VERY frustrated by this service failure.
4 posts Page 1 of 1