Fusion Voice Call Forwarding

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
17 posts Page 1 of 2
by kgc » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 pm
Call forwarding is now available to all Fusion Voice subscribers.

To turn enable or update forwarding, call 707-583-7702
To disable call forwarding, call 707-583-7703

These two numbers will work indefinitely but *72 and *73 will be supported at some point. I'd appreciate it if people test the system out and help us make sure everything is working correctly. The existing prompts are from a TTS engine and will be replaced with a human voice shortly. Please keep in mind that your standard rate is applied to forwarded calls.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by virtualmike » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:31 pm
Looking forward to getting the TTS replaced by a real human voice. Otherwise, the prompts were easy to follow. I like the idea of confirming by pressing '1', rather than AT&T's method of requiring that either the number gets answered or the forwarding process must be done twice.

One thing I'd like to see on the list for future implementation is some sort of indication when the line is forwarded. AT&T's method is to ring the line one time whenever an incoming call has been redirected. Otherwise, I can see the situation where one person in the house has turned on forwarding and forgotten to tell the others, leaving them to wonder why they cannot be reached.
by tlp95129 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:11 pm
Great news. You guys are the best. Is there any way to activate forwarding remotely, or does it have to be done from one's Fusion line?
by dane » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:51 am
tlp95129 wrote:Great news. You guys are the best. Is there any way to activate forwarding remotely, or does it have to be done from one's Fusion line?
There will be a web tool shortly.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:21 pm
This is a lifesaver! Now I won't miss business calls when I'm on the road. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
by pete's_username » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:33 pm
Totally agree with Mike. I like the "1" to confirm, and his suggestions for improvements.

Remote control will be a welcome addition, Dane. Kudos to you and the whole Sonic team on getting this up and running. As a solo small business owner, it was my number one feature wish.

Happy customer since year one...
by kgc » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:45 pm
virtualmike wrote:One thing I'd like to see on the list for future implementation is some sort of indication when the line is forwarded. AT&T's method is to ring the line one time whenever an incoming call has been redirected. Otherwise, I can see the situation where one person in the house has turned on forwarding and forgotten to tell the others, leaving them to wonder why they cannot be reached.
I'm not sure that is possible with the way our systems are setup but it is an interesting idea.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by virtualmike » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:14 pm
Sending a single ring cycle down the line when a call has been forwarded is pretty standard in telco implementations of home call forwarding. Business systems and cell lines typically don't have that feature.
by tlp95129 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:00 pm
dane wrote:
tlp95129 wrote:Great news. You guys are the best. Is there any way to activate forwarding remotely, or does it have to be done from one's Fusion line?
There will be a web tool shortly.

-Dane
Just tried the new remote online forwarding interface. It worked perfectly. Thanks so much!
by TPeterson » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:49 pm
Thanks! I'm delighted to have the call forwarding option now. As Dane previously suggested, I've been using google voice to ring all my phones, but most of the time that is a poor second choice, IMO.

I would also like to see a shortcut method to toggle the forwarding to a given number on and off. E.g., the web tool could remember the previously used number (instead of presenting a blank field each time) and *72 could recognize some special response to its prompt for the forwarding number, say, "*" to mean "use the previously defined number".
17 posts Page 1 of 2