fax: Search for a number

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by forest » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:15 am
Can someone explain how the "Search for a number in a new area" form works on the FaxLine page? Entering a partial number yields an "Invalid Phone Number" error, and entering a complete number seems to do nothing.
by kgc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:26 am
You need to provide it with a compete 10 digit number local to where you would like a number. So, for example, say you live in Eureka where we do not have local numbers you'd have to use a number for Ukiah where we do. This isn't the friendliest system (since you have to guess at where we might have coverage) and is due to have some updates that will make things a bit easier.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by forest » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:39 am
Am I supposed to guess at an exact number that might be available for fax, or am I supposed to enter a number in the exchange I want and expect the system to find another number (for fax use) in the same exchange?
by kgc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:06 pm
You need to enter a number in the rate center where you are looking for a fax number. Originally it was our intent to only give away FaxLine service to Fusion customers who are by definition within our coverage areas for local telephone service so the tools weren't designed to handle the no coverage case gracefully.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
4 posts Page 1 of 1