Annex-M button?

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by aw » Wed May 18, 2011 8:56 am
Hey,
A while back I remember murmers of making a button in member tools to turn on/off Annex-M on fusion circuits. Is that still in the works?
by dane » Wed May 18, 2011 11:25 pm
No, we haven't made any progress to date on exposing this setting. So, it still requires a phone call to support. Sorry!

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by aidandunne » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:17 pm
Now that would be a neat feature: being able to switch the network profile from work ( vpn + remote desktop ) to downtime ( pilsner + netflix ) at the click of a button!
by dane » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:24 pm
Agreed, it's an awesome goal! I'm unclear on whether the CPE side can just be configured Annex M always, and then toggle on the DSLAM though - or the other way around, DSLAM multimode, and control on the CPE. Or, must both be changed manually to match? Anyone know?

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by thulsa_doom » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:27 pm
dane wrote:Agreed, it's an awesome goal! I'm unclear on whether the CPE side can just be configured Annex M always, and then toggle on the DSLAM though - or the other way around, DSLAM multimode, and control on the CPE. Or, must both be changed manually to match? Anyone know?
Generally a modem that has Annex M enabled will synchronize with ADSL2+ if we have the DSLAM configured for multimode (our default). I've tested this with the Comtrend 5631 bonded unit recently. It doesn't work the other way, though. Setting the DSLAM to ADSL2+ Annex M and the modem to ADSL2+ results in a failure to sync.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by paulbarwick » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:47 am
"Generally a modem that has Annex M enabled will synchronize with ADSL2+ if we have the DSLAM configured for multimode (our default). I've tested this with the Comtrend 5631 bonded unit recently..."
I tested that this afternoon, and it didn't work for me. After the rep switched me back from Annex M to ADSL2+ my Comtrend 5631 modem would only synch one line. (that one line did work fine though) Rebooting the box didn't help, and I eventually had to log into the unit and switch it back off the Annex M settings to get the second line to synch. (San Francisco - SNFCCA04)
by dane » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:33 am
aw wrote:Hey,
A while back I remember murmers of making a button in member tools to turn on/off Annex-M on fusion circuits. Is that still in the works?
This end-user controlled toggle is now available, as a test item in our Labs category. See: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1095
Dane Jasper
Sonic
7 posts Page 1 of 1