Beta feature: Upload/download speed priority toggle

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
45 posts Page 4 of 5
by dane » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:18 pm
Guest wrote:
dane wrote:
Parker wrote: Actually I'd second the request to add the Annex M switch to Member Tools as it would be useful for me, away from home.
The trick would be to make it only function if you are NOT coming from your own connection. Because, if it breaks your connection (eg, modem that doesn't support Annex M), you'd have no way to get back if you were not using another connection to make the settings change. This "out of band" philosophy is why we introduced the telephone IVR, and plan upcoming extensions to the iPhone app.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:02 pm
dane wrote: The trick would be to make it only function if you are NOT coming from your own connection. Because, if it breaks your connection (eg, modem that doesn't support Annex M), you'd have no way to get back if you were not using another connection to make the settings change. This "out of band" philosophy is why we introduced the telephone IVR, and plan upcoming extensions to the iPhone app.
1. Would like to toggle Annexe M, when I'm away from home
2. Without using an iPhone App (I don't have an i-anything)
3. Member Tools is out-of-band when I am away from home
4. side note: iPhone App might not be foolproof against customers who install it on Wi-Fi iPod, iPad, etc
5. Is the telephone IVR possible from some random phone (not the fusion line)?

Thanks
by klui » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:53 pm
I tried to toggle Annex M on my parents' Fusion line but got the error "profile is not supported." Is there anything that could be done?

Thanks.
by kgc » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:16 pm
You'll need to talk to support - the issue is that your parents line isn't on the "standard" profile and the tools assume this is for good reason. Providing that there isn't some mitigating circumstance that necessitates the current profile, support can set it to the default and then you'll be able to toggle it using the tools.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by klui » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:35 pm
kgc wrote:You'll need to talk to support
Thanks. I thought this feature was currently supported by the forums. I'll call support and ask them to change the profile when I get a chance.
by Guest » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:27 pm
Does the rental modem you ship out these days allow this mode switching? It does sound useful even if a reconnect is involved.
by kgc » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:21 am
Yes, our rental equipment supports Annex-M out of the box.
Kelsey Cummings
by altar » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:03 am
I called into 611 option 2 (had to go into mpoe and use a buttset as we are not using them for phone) when I called, it says our Profiles were mismatched and could not continue. Unfortunately it was at 3am so i couldnt call support. On Annex A we are getting 15.5down/2up and my client is pleased. They would like to test out Annex M mode to see if their upload increases as they are willing to sacrifice some of the download speed for it.
by kgc » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:13 am
It means that you have dual line fusion and that the two lines aren't configured the same way in our systems. The tool assumes that this was probably done for a reason (perhaps one of the lines wasn't stable, etc) and that it shouldn't automatically reconfigure them which is why it directs you to talk to support. If support doesn't see a reason not to, they can manually change the profiles so they match and then you'll be able to use the automated tools.
Kelsey Cummings
by virtualmike » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:20 am
Kudos to whomever implemented 611, Option 2, Function 2, to tell me my line's current stats, including the current synched rate!
45 posts Page 4 of 5