False Failures Using Sonic Fax Line

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by mkld » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:03 pm
Hello,

I've gotten several false failure reports using the Fax Line in the last 24 hours. I tried to send faxes to medical offices at a Santa Rosa and an Ukiah number, and while they were successfully received by the recipients, the Fax Line data indicated "failure" which resulted in unnecessary duplication, and frustration.

Not sure if this is an incompatibility with the recipient's machines, or a glitch with the Fax Line.

Feel free to review my fax history for troubleshooting.

Thanks!
by mkld » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:16 am
Bumping this with the hope Sonic staff will notice it...
by mazieres » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:02 pm
I have been experiencing fax failures, and am wondering if these are real or false?

I've tried repeatedly to fax a 7-page document. The first time failed with -ERR USER_BUSY. I figured it was the middle of a work day and the fax machine might be busy, so I tried again in the middle of the night. This time I got "Disconnected after permitted retries." I called the fax number from a voice line, just to make sure it sounded like a fax, which it did. Then I tried again several more times with the same result ("Disconnected after permitted retries.")

Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to check whether or not the fax got through, and so went and mailed the documents where they needed to go. I'm curious if there's a possibility they went through, though.

What was the error code you received on failure?
by mkld » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:34 pm
mazieres wrote: What was the error code you received on failure?
-ERR USER_BUSY

Disconnected after permitted retries

NOANSWER/NOCARRIER
4 posts Page 1 of 1