IPv6 for fiber customers?

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
44 posts Page 5 of 5
by danielg4 » Sun May 21, 2023 6:36 pm
So, I'm in SF, and it looks like native IPv6 got turned on sometime last night, even though the MOTD page/list hasn't had any posts of any kind in about a week. I get a /56 delegation, and a /60 netmask on the LAN. Haven't run many tests yet, but it's about time…
by anis » Fri May 26, 2023 9:12 am
danielg4 where are you in SF? I am in excelsior and still nothing. The sonic ipv6 tunnel also stopped working for me so I signed up for HE in the meantime.
by anis » Sat May 27, 2023 11:54 pm
Looks like I have it enabled too. It took me a while to get it working fully because of a bug on my UDM Pro. No more tunnels. Thanks Sonic!
by acmeinc » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:57 pm
mgsullivan wrote:There was a couple of details missing / confusing in the configuration details.
So I know Sonic is starting the roll out of IPv6, but sometimes I'm like a dog with a bone and can not let a challenge go. In this case the challenge was to configure my Synology RT2600ac as I had IPv6 access to the world.

Well, after banging my head against a wall for two days, I gave up with 6RD and, using this post by mgsullivan as a guide, I finally have success.

Step 1: Log into the web interface of the RT2600ac.

Step 2: Set up IPv6 using the panel that results from the following navigation, and fill in as shown.

Network Center > Internet > IPv6 Setup
Setup_IPv6.png
Setup_IPv6.png (87.84 KiB) Viewed 3839 times
Step 3: Enable IPv6 using the panel that results from the following navigation, and fill in as shown.

Network Center > Local Network > IPv6
Enable_IPv6.png
Enable_IPv6.png (272.33 KiB) Viewed 3839 times
Step 4: Test the set up work from a node on your network.
Test_IPv6.png
Test_IPv6.png (227.61 KiB) Viewed 3839 times
44 posts Page 5 of 5