IPv6 for fiber customers?

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
27 posts Page 3 of 3
by bsilva » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:32 pm
Another ping on IPv6...

Dane? I have a customer on Sonic fiber that really needs IPv6.

When?

Thanks.....
by digitalbitstream » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:36 am
What's the status on both ipv6 for fiber, and static ip for fiber?
Related to the above, is there a fair use clause in the contract, to prevent excessive use of the fiber connection? I'm not talking caps directly, but abusive non-residential use.
by jorgebonilla » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:18 am
+1 on ipv6.
Sonic, please share implementation plans.
I'll be more than happy to be pilot customer.
by danielg4 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:23 am
by mgsullivan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:45 pm
So he says dual-stack ipv4 & ipv6 coming "soon" - does anyone have any idea (or educated guesses) when "soon" will be?

Next quarter? Next year?

No ipv6 has been *only* problem I've had with Sonic Fiber.
by lenherr » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:56 pm
The sonic support sent me to this thread as well, but the last "official" update was from end of June, i.e. 3-4 months ago, so I wanted to ask, are there any updates that could be published on this front?

Also, I'm on sonic fiber in San Jose, i.e. AT&T resale, should I expect a difference in terms of release-date due to that?

Thanks!

EDIT: Small adjustment, the thread linked in the post two above this one has an update from Sept 20th, stating again it'll come "soon" :-)
by danielg4 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:23 pm
lenherr wrote:
The sonic support sent me to this thread as well, but the last "official" update was from end of June, i.e. 3-4 months ago, so I wanted to ask, are there any updates that could be published on this front?

Also, I'm on sonic fiber in San Jose, i.e. AT&T resale, should I expect a difference in terms of release-date due to that?

Thanks!

EDIT: Small adjustment, the thread linked in the post two above this one has an update from Sept 20th, stating again it'll come "soon" :-)

This thread is only about Sonic Gigabit Fiber, because the AT&T-resold fiber already had native IPv6 all along, if the AT&T-resold FTTN is any indication. Check your gateway.
27 posts Page 3 of 3