Cheapest AT&T phone plan

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by David » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:32 pm
I'm pricing out moving back to either DSL or Fusion (depending on availability). If I have to go with DSL, does anyone know what the cheapest landline option is from AT&T? I'm sure it's something they're not excited about advertising.
by dane » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:04 pm
If you cannot obtain Fusion, and must opt for DSL line-shared with an AT&T voice line, their cheapest option will be "Measured rate local" service, without any features included. The price ranges from $15.37 to $22.40, depending upon your location. Taxes and fees will apply on top of this, likely $10-$12 worth - but they don't make the taxing details clear anywhere.

If you order by phone, they charge an activation fee, but ordering online can reduce or eliminate this. This URL may or may not work, but give it a try:
http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=1722 ... 9homelearn
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by David » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:17 pm
Thanks!
by Guest » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:23 pm
I'm in an area not served by Fusion (bummer!). I currently have AT&T POTS service (which I ultimately don't want). Is it possible to order Sonic's DSL service using my present AT&T line (which I **do** qualify for), and then cancel AT&T's voice service while continuing to have Sonic DSL?
by wa2ibm » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:40 pm
Quick answer: No. "Naked" DSL is not available. If you were to cancel your AT&T voice service after DSL was established, the DSL service would be lost.
by dane » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:20 pm
wa2ibm wrote:Quick answer: No. "Naked" DSL is not available. If you were to cancel your AT&T voice service after DSL was established, the DSL service would be lost.
This is correct. AT&T does not allow us to offer standalone service using their DSLAMs. If a Sonic.net DSL customer disconnects their voice line, the DSL is automatically disconnected too.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
6 posts Page 1 of 1