Fiber in NW Oakland (Emeryville/Oakland/Berkeley Triplepoint and Klinknerville)

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
13 posts Page 2 of 2
by haley » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:43 am
dane wrote: Are you not getting a status email each month?
Just saw this, sorry.

Yes, I've been getting status emails, which I referred to as marketing emails in my original post. In fact I got one today saying my area is 96% activated. But, as many folks in many threads have also expressed, these updates are functionally meaningless when there is no definition of what my 'area' is (my block? my neighborhood? all of oakland/berkeley/emeryville?) or what the % of activation actually means (number of houses connected? percentage of tasks complete for the overall installation from a project management perspective? etc).

I call support every time I get one of these emails and nobody else really seems to know what it means, either. So, idk. With 4% remaining I'm hoping this means I can finally set up fiber in the next couple of weeks but it's been frustrating not to have any context for these updates.
by igorru » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:17 pm
Haley,
I think you are located in one of the last four FDAs to be activated in the Puma area. See the following two posts by Dane:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6760&p=50344#p50340
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6760&p=47274#p47274

Puma must be at 96% complete now.
by sparky.p32 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:19 pm
Hard fiber from the street just installed to the side of our house today! Getting closer. :)
13 posts Page 2 of 2