Fantastic Fiber Installers

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
13 posts Page 2 of 2
by Naif94702 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:08 pm
thanks dane
by tj_smith » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:02 pm
Shane,
Cliff's description of a Sonic fiber install is far better than anything I've found on Sonic's website or that I was able to elicit from Tech Support a month or so ago, after I realized the internal wiring for fiber would be substantially different than for my existing Pace 5286ac-based service. In particular, it clarified the telephone, ethernet, and power prerequisites - I will need to make changes for all three aspects, but far better to get that done before the installers arrive, IMHO. May I suggest you have it made "official" in a FAQ or 'customer quick install guide' or similar?

Off topic, but while I have your attention, how about making Sonic's VPN service an "official" product as well?

Regards,
TJS
by dane » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:56 pm
Sorry if the installation process isn't well described - I think there's a certain amount of "pay not attention to the man behind the curtain", in that we don't want potential or new customers to be overwhelmed by the process. The installer will take care of it all, one way or the other.

That said, you might enjoy our installation process video. It's a high level overview, but FYI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JMcOAJHZok

Regarding VPN, no changes planned at this time. We do have a lot of members who use it when travelling and roaming though, whether it's from open WiFi at an airport, or from inside a repressive foreign regime. ;)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
13 posts Page 2 of 2