How do I use Pace router as a pasthrough to my Asus?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by Ernest » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:41 pm
I just received my Pace 4111N router from Sonic and have been successful in connecting to the internet. Now I want to use the Pace router as a passthrough since I manage my connections, FW and DHCP through my Asus RT-N66U. What is the best way to do this?

Do I use Lan Subports or do I disable routing. Sonic doesn't support the disabled routing method but I don't know what is the best approach. Any help would be appreciated.
by dane » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:46 pm
Have you tried the DMZ Plus mode? That forward all traffic toward a designated host - your other router for example. But it also allows support to see and manage the Pace equipment, allowing for loop troubleshooting.

You could also put it in full bridge mode, but this takes it out of management, giving support reduced capabilities.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by low56 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:10 am
I think I figured it out but was not easy.

I had to enable the DMZ and then set one DHCP address in my Pace router as the IP of my ASUS router.

Is there a step by step guide on this. It should be pretty generic for most routers.

Thanks again.
3 posts Page 1 of 1