Sonic: How can I move from Fusion DSL to Sonic-resold AT&T Fiber, but keep a copper landline?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by pdessart » Mon May 13, 2019 9:34 pm
This is a question for Sonic. The subject pretty much summarizes it...

I currently have bonded DSL (2 landline numbers). I'd like to keep one real landline (copper pair to the central office), and move my internet to Fusion IP Broadband FX2 or FX3.

I would expect to have to pay more than I would for Sonic-resold AT&T Fiber with VOIP alone.

I love Sonic, and want to keep all my service through you. I'd of course love to have Sonic-owned fiber to my home, but as far as I can tell, Alameda isn't even on Sonic's radar. So, is it possible for you to sell me the FX2 or FX3 package as well as a copper voice circuit?

Thanks,
Peter
by danielg4 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:58 am
I did exactly this, but with a non-bonded ADSL2 (1 landline number), and going to X2 (resold AT&T VDSL2) rather than FX2 or FX3, because that was what was available at the time, and since upgraded to Sonic Gigabit Fiber (non-AT&T). There is a one-time $150 setup fee for the voice-only "real" landline, which they waived in my case to make up for a series of dumb "workaround" orders I had to put through their sales reps when they didn't make this offer. The monthly cost of the voice-only "real" landline is $10 plus the taxes and fees on it, ON TOP OF the taxes and fees on the VoIP line, which you still get. Since you already have 2 landline numbers, you can request that they port one of them into the "real" landline and the other into the VoIP line.

To clarify: The voice-only "real" copper-pair landline is through Sonic, and appears on the same bill as the VoIP line and Internet.
by pdessart » Tue May 14, 2019 11:56 am
Thanks, @danielg4
3 posts Page 1 of 1