gateway.sonic.net and 192.168.42.1 insta-403 error?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by oxfordhouse » Sat May 04, 2019 6:11 pm
On several of my devices, wired or wireless, trying to access the gateway configuration page via gateway.sonic.net and 192.168.42.1 returns a 403 forbidden error without ever prompting for a login/password.

These devices are connected to second router in bridge mode, which is connected to the RG via the second router's WAN port. Do I need to be directly connected to the RG's ethernet ports in order to log in? I don't have any devices with a web browser connected directly to the RG, so can't test.
by jacob.karinen » Mon May 06, 2019 8:30 am
If hardwiring isn't a possibility can you try connecting via wireless and see if it kicks back the same error?
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
by kyle.depasquale » Mon May 06, 2019 12:56 pm
I would imagine the error would be the same regardless of wireless/wired connection, since the error is generated by the router's internal webserver.

Have you tried accessing http://192.168.42.1/admin (or gateway.sonic.net/admin) instead? If I recall, the newer routers require /admin to be added to the end of the URL in order to access the configuration page.
by oxfordhouse » Fri May 10, 2019 9:38 pm
kyle.depasquale wrote:I would imagine the error would be the same regardless of wireless/wired connection, since the error is generated by the router's internal webserver.

Have you tried accessing http://192.168.42.1/admin (or gateway.sonic.net/admin) instead? If I recall, the newer routers require /admin to be added to the end of the URL in order to access the configuration page.
The missing /admin was the key — thanks!
4 posts Page 1 of 1