had to cancel Fusion order thanks to AT&T no show

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by Bluto » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:17 pm
Have been entirely happy with Sonic DSL service for several years however I need faster service at times, especially when two people are online. Fusion IP Broadband recently became available at my address so I ordered an upgrade. Everything went smoothly with Sonic and they made an appointment with AT&T for an installation between 9 and 11 today. No show by 11, called Sonic and they answered promptly and called AT&T who assured them they would be out in the next time window. Same result at 1PM and 3PM. At that point I told Sonic to cancel the order as AT&T has zero credibility IMHO and I was not willing to waste another entire day (or maybe multiple days) waiting for them.
As a retired AT&T employee I'm not too surprised by this outcome...anyway just a word to the wise if AT&T is required to do the cutover things may not go smoothly.
Sonic on the other hand handled the order perfectly and is in no way responsible for my cancellation.
by dane » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:56 pm
I'm very sorry that you were inconvenienced - stood up. That's infuriating.

This is an issue we are really struggling with, and we are working closely with AT&T to resolve. Today they simply do not arrive for nearly 20% of appointments. Clearly, this is staggeringly unacceptable, but they are making progress and we are hopeful we will see improved reliability.

Of course, our prime focus here is on building out own fiber optic network, and this is one salient example of why: we can take full control over things like missed appointments when we have a reliance on a vendor. Today with over 1/3rd of our Members on our own optical network, we are making good progress toward that outcome.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by qy5005 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:11 am
Unfortunately, till 2022, the ATT still doesn't appear. Following Sonic's instructions, I stay at home, but nobody comes, and it leads me to have no internet can use when I have to work. On that day and subsequent days, I connected to Sonic's customer service line many times, but the answer is WAIT. And now, I still have no internet. Sigh. I won't believe Sonic anymore. Now I am seeking to cancel my Internet installation order but, it is weird that it seems to have no instruction on how to cancel an order in the Sonic website...
3 posts Page 1 of 1