Expected speed with 4000 feet in Fremont

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
19 posts Page 2 of 2
by hinioman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:24 pm
I get connected today. Thanks and bravo to the seamless setup of the Sonic team. I quickly do a speedtest using a wired connection to Pace411

I have not changed a thing of my existing NID setup discussed above. All that I am using are the microfilters shipped from Sonic, applied per phone and at the modem. I have two wireless phones on two different lines and 1 analog phone. And the analog phone is sharing the line with the Pace411. I know what I have may not be good setup to avoid noise and interference. It will be enhanced as I find the time and the know-how on the whole house splitter and homerun setup. But the initial results are smoking fast for me compared to my AT&T Elite 5Mb/s.

As you can tell, this is like a Giants homerun for me. Go Giants! Go Sonic! I will update more as I try to setup next on the Lan Subport and have a bridge router coming off from the Pace modem.

Thanks everyone,
Hin
by kents » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:34 pm
I wish I could get Fusion....... 8-(
I'm connected to a remote terminal. 8-(
by hinioman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:35 am
kents wrote:I wish I could get Fusion....... 8-(
I'm connected to a remote terminal. 8-(
@Kents, I wish you can get Fusion too. I have been a happy customer with Sonic Fusion. The phone works great like before and without all the toll/local charge from AT&T and the internet speed is very pleasing for my household use. I am lucky to live nearby the CO.

I am very pleased with Sonic Fusion. It has been an excellent week and I am getting speed from 12 to 14 Mbps when I test with http://speedtest.net

I do wonder with few questions about the Broadband DSL details reported from Pace411n

1. Why is the modem type reported as ADSL instead of ADSL2+?

[update:] I re-read the Broadband DSL detail in the Protocol section and it has the information of G.DMT2+ Annex A and I assume that is the ADSL2+.

2. The Noise Margin varies between 5.4 dB to 6.2 dB for the download? Is this too low to get a proper synch? I read somewhere in dslreports.com that 6.0 dB is the minimal SNR to get proper sysnc -- http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16220. I may have understood the reading wrongly and my connection has been pleasantly stable.

3. The link is in Annex A and I wonder if there is any means in Pace411n modem for user to switch back and forth to Annex M to gain speed on upload. I don't need it often but there is time that I have a decent amount of pictures to upload and the Annex M will come in handy especially for batch up-loading at night.

Much thanks,
Hin
by dane » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:34 pm
Annex M is possible, but manually configured by support at this time. We plan to make this a customer self-service config item soon.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ufplanets » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:11 am
dane wrote:Annex M is possible, but manually configured by support at this time. We plan to make this a customer self-service config item soon.
Hi Dane,

This is great news! Any chance you have an ETA on when it'll be available? Are we talking a few weeks or months?

Thanks
by dane » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:46 am
No, sorry, I don have an ETA on this being available.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ankh » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:48 am
Is there a topic to watch for the Annex M customer self-service?
Stumbled on mention of it here.

(I've got Annex M on now and am content with it -- but will be delighted when it's a toggle; I hope you mean that will work with the older modem I bought from Sonic a year or two ago, just call me grandfather .....)
by dane » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:46 am
ankh wrote:Is there a topic to watch for the Annex M customer self-service?
Stumbled on mention of it here.

(I've got Annex M on now and am content with it -- but will be delighted when it's a toggle; I hope you mean that will work with the older modem I bought from Sonic a year or two ago, just call me grandfather .....)
Once this is rolled out, we'll post a new thread on it. Maybe folks can post their speed test results with each setting. We have an interface in testing now, and are just working out where to put it, record prompts, etc.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:38 pm
ufplanets wrote:
dane wrote:Annex M is possible, but manually configured by support at this time. We plan to make this a customer self-service config item soon.
Hi Dane,

This is great news! Any chance you have an ETA on when it'll be available? Are we talking a few weeks or months?

Thanks
This is live now, see: Beta feature: Upload/download speed priority toggle viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1095
Dane Jasper
Sonic
19 posts Page 2 of 2