Abysmal fiber speed in SF 300Mbps down 9Mbps up 80ms ping...

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by ggladsto » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:00 pm
I was feeling a huge amount of lag browsing today and tried a bunch of speed test sites. This was the fastest up/down/ping reported among any of the sites (normally we hit 900+ up AND down, and <15ms ping). Is there something going on now that might relate to this?
speed.jpg
speed.jpg (46.84 KiB) Viewed 2259 times
by jacob.karinen » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:27 am
I'm sorry about the spike of poor service yesterday. I'm assuming you ran those tests via hardwire because you said they normally hit about 900Mbps down. If they were over wireless though, the next time you experience slowdowns is it possible to test via ethernet?

As for the cause of what happened yesterday, the only thing I can see is a dip in light received by the OLT (Optical Line Terminal) but that was several hours before your pictured speed test. I think we need to do some further troubleshooting before we can determine what the cause was. The next time it happens please try testing via ethernet, if you weren't already, and try power cycling the router and ONT (Optical Network Terminal) to see if that helps restore service. If that doesn't restore speeds then please give us a call at 855-394-0100 so we can look into the performance from our side. We're available 7 days a week from 8am to 10pm.
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
by joeyyung911 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:19 am
Mine slowed down to 200 up/down earlier this week. Restarted the router and the speed was back to normal.
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
3 posts Page 1 of 1