Sporadic Loss of Connection

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by gmahmud » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:14 am
hi, I am a Sonic fusion user in the Berkeley, CA 94709 area. Lately I've been experiencing sporadic loss of DSL connection. My DSL modem is ZTE ZXV10 W3000. My modem Yelllow DSL light goes off then turns back on without any notice. I get the following error message when I try to browse on the web while the connection loss takes place. Is this likely to be a modem issue or a core connectivity issue?

NO DSL CONNECTION
When Modem is having connection with local DSL connection, DSL light is blinking on the modem, and when it is connected successfully the light will become solid.Please check the DSL light on the modem and check the DSL modem cable is properly connected in the back.If the modem still can not provide the DSL connection and internet service, please contact with TTNet Internet Service Call Center (444 0 375).If everything is ok, please Close Internet Explorer and open it again.
by thulsa_doom » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:12 am
TTNet? The ISP out of Turkey? Have you called up Sonic.net support about this? We may not know that modem, but we can take a look at what's going on with the line from our end and see what we can do.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by dane » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:14 am
For an issue like this, check the basic troubleshooting here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=196

...and then phone support by dialing 611, or 707-547-3400.

If it's your modem, and not the line, they can get you into our equipment program, $6.50 per month for a modern new modem which includes remote diagnosis, advanced replacement for the life of your service, etc. This program eliminates the "maybe it's the line, or maybe it's the modem" responsibility discussion, as Sonic.net becomes responsible for all of it. :)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by gmahmud » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:00 pm
This modem was provided by Sonic.net when I signed up for the service. ZTE ZXV10 W3000.
4 posts Page 1 of 1