Aerial Trespass

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by robertnlynn » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:21 am
I live on Oak Ridge Rd in Berkeley. Our street has no utility poles. Our utilities (PG&E, AT&T, cable service, etc.) are strung from El Camino Real which is the street directly below us. I had Sonic installation scheduled earlier this week. I received a call last Sunday with a message that the installation was temporarily delayed. The reason was that the fiber had to pass over my back yard neighbor's property and that would constitute aerial trespass even though the other utilities have been in place for many years. How can this get resolved?
by jacob.karinen » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:28 am
Hi Robertnlynn,

I don't have an answer for you just yet but wanted to let you know I'm looking into it and will give you an update as soon as I hear something.

Update: I'm happy to hear we may have a resolution to this soon per our discussion on the phone.
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
by digitalbitstream » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:19 pm
Check out https://www.berkeleyundergrounding.com/
which is a group among other things trying to get more undergrounding, without messing up access for Internet choice.
3 posts Page 1 of 1