Gigabit Fiber South San Fransisco

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
31 posts Page 1 of 4
by Jafar » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:51 pm
I saw the news about gigabit fiber coming to additional cities, inc. South San Francisco.

More specifically, I’m wondering if there are any plans to come to Westborough neighborhood and potential timeframes.

Currently, Comcast and At&t are available in my neighborhood. We have utilities running on poles one street over from mine, but everything is underground on my street and others around me. I know sonic is aiming at area with utility poles to hang fiber overhead, but I’m still hoping!

Thanks!
by dane » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:10 am
Today at least, we're first working to rapidly deploy in areas with aerial utilities. Underground brings its own challenges, and they are unique to each city's policies and permitting practices, as well as the specifics of the road composition, curb and sidewalk systems, landscaping, etc. But I am confident we can get there, propelled by uptake in the areas we are building today.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by CoryWalley » Tue May 28, 2019 6:16 pm
I live in the old SSF area Sign Hill on Orange Avenue. The tiber lines were dropped or run around February 2019 I signed up then thinking it would be cut over or turned on shortly there after. I have not heard anything or given any time lines when I will be getting my fiber install appointment. Can we get any updates for the South San Francisco 94080 fiber home installation will start?
Thank you, Cory
by hyena » Thu May 30, 2019 2:57 pm
I'd love an update on this as well.

Is there anywhere prospective subscribers can see a detailed progress report of Sonic installations in their area?
--
Christopher Venghaus
hyena@sonic.net
by hyena » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:21 am
Any concrete updates on this? I've been getting the monthly status email, but they seem to suggest progress is regressing:

June:
We're still in the beginning stages of your build-out but are optimistic about our engineering plans and recent planning discussions with city officials. You will soon see Sonic construction trucks in your neighborhood plotting the path of your fiber network. A continued work in progress, worth the wait!
July
The Sonic team is prepping and planning all the network in your area. We're not quite finished with Engineering, but are excited about the progress being made. We'll keep you in the loop on progress in the coming months.
August
The Sonic Team is spending time prepping for your fiber buildout. We have met with the city and are working to build preliminary engineering plans to get you the fastest internet you deserve! We look forward to moving your area into engineering in the coming months as other builds are completing.
September
The Sonic Team is working with the city and prepping tests in you area. As long as everything goes smoothly, we'll move your area into our Engineering phase soon. Please hang tight as we work to get you the fastest internet in the nation!
--
Christopher Venghaus
hyena@sonic.net
by hyena » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:50 am
October
This month, the Sonic Team is making progress on city agreements, with plans to sign very soon. We expect to begin Engineering this winter!
--
Christopher Venghaus
hyena@sonic.net
by dane » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:20 am
We completed legal review and signed the City's agreement last week, FYI. Happy to see that item behind us.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by hyena » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:09 am
dane wrote:We completed legal review and signed the City's agreement last week, FYI. Happy to see that item behind us.
Glad to hear! I'm getting really antsy to be able to get rid of Comcast.
--
Christopher Venghaus
hyena@sonic.net
by franksayshai » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:40 am
I am looking forward to this myself. Especially dealing with that 30meg upload from Comcast / Wave.....
by franksayshai » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:28 pm
Just wanted to check back to see if there was an update for November?
31 posts Page 1 of 4