Any chance for expansion to the Marina?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by wants-gigabit » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:42 pm
I am curious about the likelihood of fiber internet in the neighborhood anytime soon (specifically near Jefferson and Divisadero).

I know the marina's underground utilities are problematic, but didn't some micro-trenching legislation get approved to alleviate this problem?

Thanks!
by dane » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:14 am
No, the micro-trenching legislation never passed. And that's probably good, because in it's draft form, it wouldn't have been useful to us. The implementation was limited to in sidewalks only, rather than in the roadway where microtrenching is more conventionally done. That would leave us with not only higher costs, but also no good way to cross roadways once we reached the end of each block.

Areas just to the South of you are being built now, Greenwich, Filbert, etc. We're getting closer - and reaching more and more SF residents, but it's not going to be a complete deployment until SF updates policies on trenchless construction - microtrenching and horizontal directional drilling (aka HDD or just "boring").
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by wants-gigabit » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:41 pm
Thanks for the reply! This is frustrating to hear (but obviously not Sonic's fault).

I'll be waiting eagerly. If there's anything I can do (in addition to being a Sonic DSL customer), please let me know!
by dane » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:54 pm
wants-gigabit wrote:Thanks for the reply! This is frustrating to hear (but obviously not Sonic's fault).

I'll be waiting eagerly. If there's anything I can do (in addition to being a Sonic DSL customer), please let me know!
You could tell your Supervisor that you support new network deployment, and encourage them to work with public works on ways to facilitate this.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by frk » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:21 am
there are telephone poles in the marina, if you can figure out how to get it over/under Lombard.
any chance? for example, there are poles in the back yards down Avila Street.
5 posts Page 1 of 1