Repeated connectivity loss right now

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
19 posts Page 1 of 2
by forest » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:49 am
All of my network sessions (multiple protocols, multiple endpoints) are currently being dropped every few minutes, which makes service unusable. I see no mention of a planned interruption tonight. No response from support@sonic.net. Can someone at Sonic shed light on what's going on here and when service will be stable again?
by grinr » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:11 am
Same here. Started at exactly 12:30 AM PST. Berkeley Fiber.
by DelawareThunderstorm » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:51 am
Same here. Service is totally out in Berkeley, and I'm really really pissed.
No 24-hour support line, no outage maps, no explanation.
is this happens again I'm going to switch to another company. I hate Comcast but at least with Comcast I could rely on them.
by Larns576 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:20 am
Me too in S.F. but service came back up within 5 minutes and was stable. No biggie
by joeyyung911 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:17 am
DelawareThunderstorm wrote:Same here. Service is totally out in Berkeley, and I'm really really pissed.
is this happens again I'm going to switch to another company. I hate Comcast but at least with Comcast I could rely on them.
Biggest whine I've heard from this forum...and I thought it was bad before.
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
by dane » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:34 am
Network ops center is looking into this now!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by travlos » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:51 am
Service is down in Kensington also. (We have resold ATT fiber btw.)

Our alarm system indicated it went down at 02:47 this morning, just fyi.
by amayfield » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:59 am
@travlos you are on a different service type than those affected by this particular outage. For your service issue I would recommend you reach out to our support team to troubleshoot. A good first troubleshooting step is to reboot the modem / router, often times that will restore service.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by travlos » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:16 am
Yep, the reboot fixed our service. We are back up & running.

I contacted support via text - very helpful! We have been very happy with our Sonic/att since we cut the cord a while ago, no problems with thunderstorms. ;) I'd like it if the rain would go away though.
by dane » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:41 am
DelawareThunderstorm wrote:Same here. Service is totally out in Berkeley, and I'm really really pissed.
This issue has been resolved. This was related to an upgrade of the central office equipment serving your circuit. The optical line terminal equipment at your premise was online after the update, so the team thought everything was good - but your Eero was unable to obtain an IP. We reset the upstream DHCP and resolved the issue. Team is talking now about how we could monitor for this sort of failure scenario in order to allow for immediate resolution.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
19 posts Page 1 of 2