Internet outage in the Sunset

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
16 posts Page 2 of 2
by Larns576 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:25 pm
It seems to disconnect a few seconds after the time update. Can you disable that? Or at least change it to a different server?

I also assume you already power cycled the ONT as well.
by webdog » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:44 pm
Power cycled the ONT while on the phone with support a couple times. Switched the NTP server from the default Netgear to time.sonic.net.

Still the disconnects every 10 min.
by dane » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:24 pm
In the last, I’ve seem this where a router asks for a DHCP lease renewal, but won’t accept back the reply. Eventually the lease expires, there is a moment of downtime.

I’d suggest calling your router vendor for support. Maybe they’ve got a fire walking settings change or a firmware fix.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by webdog » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:04 pm
dane wrote:In the last, I’ve seem this where a router asks for a DHCP lease renewal, but won’t accept back the reply. Eventually the lease expires, there is a moment of downtime.

I’d suggest calling your router vendor for support. Maybe they’ve got a fire walking settings change or a firmware fix.
Makes sense. But why would this issue only now arise? There has been no recent firmware or other router change.

And, as mentioned, when I connect the router to another provider (not Sonic) with DHCP, there are no disconnections. Something has changed in the past 3 days, and nothing has changed on my end.

I no longer have Netgear support for the router, but will attempt to get a response from them. Thanks for the insight.
by Yelenao » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:15 pm
Internet has been out since 7pm
by jerrielm » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:24 am
Yelenao wrote:Internet has been out since 7pm
Hello!

Services should be back up and running. If you are still having issues feel free to DM me so I can take a look at your account!

Best Wishes!
16 posts Page 2 of 2