Speeds much slower than promised

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by rogerwine » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:47 am
I recently switched to sonic a couple weeks ago and at the end of the installation the tech guy said the speeds should vary from anywhere from 3 to 5 mb. However, I'm averaging around 2.1 mb, which is much slower than what I was expecting. Can anything be done to increase these speeds? On top of that, I've had problems with the connection dropping during the evenings. I'm definitely not a happy customer.
by dane » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:20 am
You can access your router at http://gateway.sonic.net/ as long as it is one of the new, Sonic.net branded devices. You will see connection speed and some other details there.

That said, if you are having reliability troubles, do phone support right away, and they can get things fixed for you!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by rogerwine » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:04 am
My wireless connection is dropping every couple of minutes tonight, this also happened last Saturday night. I'm getting this error around every 4-10 minutes: The Broadband Link is Currently Not Available

Error: DSL Failed to Connect
There seems to be no reliability with dsl, why is this continually happening?
by dane » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:15 am
Sounds like an issue with your line. Have you contacted support?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1