gigabit in petaluma

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
44 posts Page 2 of 5
by tikvah » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:20 pm
Oh I didn't get an email. Does that mean I'm left out?
by dane » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:35 pm
This first residential build in Petaluma extends up Gossage to little past the intersection with Magnolia, so only a few homes outside of the City limits there will be reached in this phase.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by tikvah » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:41 pm
dane wrote:
This first residential build in Petaluma extends up Gossage to little past the intersection with Magnolia, so only a few homes outside of the City limits there will be reached in this phase.


Well I live on Gossage. I did a search on my email back to March 1 and nothing from Sonic with the keyword "fiber."
by dane » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:44 pm
tikvah wrote:
dane wrote:
This first residential build in Petaluma extends up Gossage to little past the intersection with Magnolia, so only a few homes outside of the City limits there will be reached in this phase.


Well I live on Gossage. I did a search on my email back to March 1 and nothing from Sonic with the keyword "fiber."


Yes, that's correct - the build ends at the City limit, so your location is not included in the current project. Sorry!
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by tikvah » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:49 pm
dane wrote:
tikvah wrote:
dane wrote:
This first residential build in Petaluma extends up Gossage to little past the intersection with Magnolia, so only a few homes outside of the City limits there will be reached in this phase.


Well I live on Gossage. I did a search on my email back to March 1 and nothing from Sonic with the keyword "fiber."


Yes, that's correct - the build ends at the City limit, so your location is not included in the current project. Sorry!


I see. I misread that as you were going up Gossage and then ending on Magnolia a bit past the intersection. So basically you're going to the luxury development at Gossage/Elm/Samuel then stopping.

Any word on when you'll continue up Gossage to Petaluma Blvd North?

Thanks.
by dane » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:59 pm
tikvah wrote:
I see. I misread that as you were going up Gossage and then ending on Magnolia a bit past the intersection. So basically you're going to the luxury development at Gossage/Elm/Samuel then stopping.

Any word on when you'll continue up Gossage to Petaluma Blvd North?

Thanks.


No, we are not serving that development (Samuel, Elm, and the offshoots).

And I mistook Berger for Gossage - sorry. The network is primarily within City limits - it extends along Magnolia to the intersection with Berger where Gossage begins, but then ends just two poles North of that, just outside the City limits. This is our first large-scale residential build in Sonoma County, after our small pilot in Sebastopol, and the focus is the Western portion of Petaluma. Any coverage beyond the City limits is incidental, and a result of pole line engineering artifacts.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by tikvah » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:10 pm
dane wrote:
And I mistook Berger for Gossage - sorry. The network is primarily within City limits - it extends along Magnolia to the intersection with Berger where Gossage begins, but then ends just two poles North of that, just outside the City limits. This is our first large-scale residential build in Sonoma County, after our small pilot in Sebastopol, and the focus is the Western portion of Petaluma. Any coverage beyond the City limits is incidental, and a result of pole line engineering artifacts.


Aw well. I'm about 1000' too far north. I hope it goes so amazingly well that you can't wait to extend it (north I tell you, north).
by dane » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:18 pm
tikvah wrote:
dane wrote:
And I mistook Berger for Gossage - sorry. The network is primarily within City limits - it extends along Magnolia to the intersection with Berger where Gossage begins, but then ends just two poles North of that, just outside the City limits. This is our first large-scale residential build in Sonoma County, after our small pilot in Sebastopol, and the focus is the Western portion of Petaluma. Any coverage beyond the City limits is incidental, and a result of pole line engineering artifacts.


Aw well. I'm about 1000' too far north. I hope it goes so amazingly well that you can't wait to extend it (north I tell you, north).


I share that hope! Uptake is what drives our ability to expand, so tell a neighbor (to the South)!

-Dane
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by uncled1023 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:00 pm
So I was wondering if Vallejo st, between Washington and Jefferson are in the current building plans?
by dane » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:50 pm
uncled1023 wrote:
So I was wondering if Vallejo st, between Washington and Jefferson are in the current building plans?


Yes, that region is part of the current build-out. If you're an existing customer, you should have gotten an email to let you know that fiber is coming. If you did not, please let us know!
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
44 posts Page 2 of 5

Who is online

In total there are 16 users online :: 1 registered, 1 hidden and 14 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 700 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:00 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests