gigabit in petaluma

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
45 posts Page 5 of 5
by lospark » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:06 am
Just read the post that said a new customer just switched from AT&T to Sonic on 6/16/20 and he now has lightning fast Internet. He indicated he lives very near McNear Park in west Petaluma. I live very near McNear Park in west Petaluma and have been a Sonic customer for many years and have yet to be notified that I am able to upgrade. Any idea why some homes very near McNear Park now have gigabit service yet others are still waiting and waiting?
by dane » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:02 am
lospark wrote:Just read the post that said a new customer just switched from AT&T to Sonic on 6/16/20 and he now has lightning fast Internet. He indicated he lives very near McNear Park in west Petaluma. I live very near McNear Park in west Petaluma and have been a Sonic customer for many years and have yet to be notified that I am able to upgrade. Any idea why some homes very near McNear Park now have gigabit service yet others are still waiting and waiting?
We have completed our initial project build in Petaluma, and are now working through the migration and installation process for homes in the covered area. There’s a lot to complete, so not all homes yet have been notified, let alone completed. So, you may just be pending kickoff of your migration.

If you’d like to check if we can reach you now, and if so to proactively schedule rather than wait for a date assignment, visit https://members.sonic.net/ and check the Connections tab for available service upgrades.

But it’s also possible the build doesn’t include your location. The initial build in Petaluma connected a bit under half of the households there. I am in discussions with City staff about our goals of expanding the reach of the network coverage, and am hopeful we can find a path to achieve that.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by lospark » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:19 pm
Hi Dane and thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately, I'm no closer to an answer. I've been told for over a year that this great service is coming but cannot ascertain when that might be. While I'm not looking for an exact date, I would really like to know is it with 3 months, 6 months, a year? The issue is that as a consumer, I like to make informed decisions and I can't do that without some basic information. If you can let me know clearly if I am not on the list to get this service in the reasonably near future, I can make some decisions. I live on Batchelor Terrace, one house in from 8th street, very near McNear Park Thank you for your consideration.
by dane » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:47 pm
lospark wrote:Hi Dane and thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately, I'm no closer to an answer. I've been told for over a year that this great service is coming but cannot ascertain when that might be. While I'm not looking for an exact date, I would really like to know is it with 3 months, 6 months, a year? The issue is that as a consumer, I like to make informed decisions and I can't do that without some basic information. If you can let me know clearly if I am not on the list to get this service in the reasonably near future, I can make some decisions. I live on Batchelor Terrace, one house in from 8th street, very near McNear Park Thank you for your consideration.
Are you on the NW side of the street, or the SE side?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by lospark » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:40 pm
Hi Dane. We are the North-West side of Batchelor Terrace, one house in from 8th street. Thank you for your reply.
45 posts Page 5 of 5