gigabit in petaluma

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
45 posts Page 2 of 5
by tikvah » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:20 pm
Oh I didn't get an email. Does that mean I'm left out?
by dane » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:35 pm
This first residential build in Petaluma extends up Gossage to little past the intersection with Magnolia, so only a few homes outside of the City limits there will be reached in this phase.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by tikvah » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:41 pm
dane wrote:This first residential build in Petaluma extends up Gossage to little past the intersection with Magnolia, so only a few homes outside of the City limits there will be reached in this phase.
Well I live on Gossage. I did a search on my email back to March 1 and nothing from Sonic with the keyword "fiber."
by dane » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:44 pm
tikvah wrote:
dane wrote:This first residential build in Petaluma extends up Gossage to little past the intersection with Magnolia, so only a few homes outside of the City limits there will be reached in this phase.
Well I live on Gossage. I did a search on my email back to March 1 and nothing from Sonic with the keyword "fiber."
Yes, that's correct - the build ends at the City limit, so your location is not included in the current project. Sorry!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by tikvah » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:49 pm
dane wrote:
tikvah wrote:
Yes, that's correct - the build ends at the City limit, so your location is not included in the current project. Sorry!
I see. I misread that as you were going up Gossage and then ending on Magnolia a bit past the intersection. So basically you're going to the luxury development at Gossage/Elm/Samuel then stopping.

Any word on when you'll continue up Gossage to Petaluma Blvd North?

Thanks.
by dane » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:59 pm
tikvah wrote: I see. I misread that as you were going up Gossage and then ending on Magnolia a bit past the intersection. So basically you're going to the luxury development at Gossage/Elm/Samuel then stopping.

Any word on when you'll continue up Gossage to Petaluma Blvd North?

Thanks.
No, we are not serving that development (Samuel, Elm, and the offshoots).

And I mistook Berger for Gossage - sorry. The network is primarily within City limits - it extends along Magnolia to the intersection with Berger where Gossage begins, but then ends just two poles North of that, just outside the City limits. This is our first large-scale residential build in Sonoma County, after our small pilot in Sebastopol, and the focus is the Western portion of Petaluma. Any coverage beyond the City limits is incidental, and a result of pole line engineering artifacts.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by tikvah » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:10 pm
dane wrote: And I mistook Berger for Gossage - sorry. The network is primarily within City limits - it extends along Magnolia to the intersection with Berger where Gossage begins, but then ends just two poles North of that, just outside the City limits. This is our first large-scale residential build in Sonoma County, after our small pilot in Sebastopol, and the focus is the Western portion of Petaluma. Any coverage beyond the City limits is incidental, and a result of pole line engineering artifacts.
Aw well. I'm about 1000' too far north. I hope it goes so amazingly well that you can't wait to extend it (north I tell you, north).
by dane » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:18 pm
tikvah wrote:
dane wrote: And I mistook Berger for Gossage - sorry. The network is primarily within City limits - it extends along Magnolia to the intersection with Berger where Gossage begins, but then ends just two poles North of that, just outside the City limits. This is our first large-scale residential build in Sonoma County, after our small pilot in Sebastopol, and the focus is the Western portion of Petaluma. Any coverage beyond the City limits is incidental, and a result of pole line engineering artifacts.
Aw well. I'm about 1000' too far north. I hope it goes so amazingly well that you can't wait to extend it (north I tell you, north).
I share that hope! Uptake is what drives our ability to expand, so tell a neighbor (to the South)!

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by uncled1023 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:00 pm
So I was wondering if Vallejo st, between Washington and Jefferson are in the current building plans?
by dane » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:50 pm
uncled1023 wrote:So I was wondering if Vallejo st, between Washington and Jefferson are in the current building plans?
Yes, that region is part of the current build-out. If you're an existing customer, you should have gotten an email to let you know that fiber is coming. If you did not, please let us know!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
45 posts Page 2 of 5