gigabit in petaluma

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
45 posts Page 4 of 5
by ubermick » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:32 pm
Keeping this thread alive!! #GiveEastPetalumaFiber!
by wyeager3 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:54 am
I'm thrilled to see that my mom's house in West Petaluma can now pre-order gigabit service but sad that it isn't yet available at my house on the East Side (though I completely understand the economic drivers).

With all the Sonic/Gigabit fans patiently and sometimes less patiently waiting . . . perhaps Sonic should invest in a roadmap transparency system like the one in Detroit? 99% Invisible covered this topic here: https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/ ... t-tell-me/
by uncled1023 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:13 am
Recently got a notice on Vallejo st that construction was starting soon!

Any idea how long 'soon' is, and how long usually after construction until installations start?
by ubermick » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:55 pm
Seeing lots of Sonic vans of late along Ely Blvd on the East side.

PLEASE TELL ME THEY'RE LAYING FIBER!!!!!

#GiveEastPetalumaFiber!
by uncled1023 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:31 pm
Last week when they were doing construction on Vallejo St, I asked one of the workers and he said they were in the middle of construction in the area, so I think it's getting close!
by dane » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:07 pm
uncled1023 wrote:Last week when they were doing construction on Vallejo St, I asked one of the workers and he said they were in the middle of construction in the area, so I think it's getting close!
Pretty cool, right?!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:09 pm
ubermick wrote:Seeing lots of Sonic vans of late along Ely Blvd on the East side.

PLEASE TELL ME THEY'RE LAYING FIBER!!!!!

#GiveEastPetalumaFiber!
We are building on Ely, and in some residential areas to the SW off Ely - areas where utilities are aerial. For the portions where residential utilities are underground, they're not part of this current project.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by uncled1023 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:51 pm
dane wrote:
uncled1023 wrote:Last week when they were doing construction on Vallejo St, I asked one of the workers and he said they were in the middle of construction in the area, so I think it's getting close!
Pretty cool, right?!
Very cool!!

Looking forward to being able to finally ditch comcast and join the Sonic family. @dane, do you have a timetable/estimate for installations to start on Vallejo St?
by harioconnell » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:11 pm
Just got mine installed and activated on the west side (near McNear park). The tech (Michael Mason) did a great job and never even had to come inside. Totally painless and quick installation. The speeds are blazing fast and it's so nice to finally be able to cancel Comcast!
by dane » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:17 pm
Yep, happy to note that this last week we activated the remainder of this network project in Petaluma, and we are working now to accomplish thousands of residential installations there! Almost 1,000 have already been completed. Please tell a neighbor!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
45 posts Page 4 of 5