Status of Sonic fiber on Russell St. Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by rtisys » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:19 pm
Just thought I would see if any further info was available on fiber install on Russell St. (betweenTelegraph and College ) in Berkeley. I have talked with the Sonic crew installing
a pole-attached fiber attachment box at Russell and Regent(?) and I think they are putting in
the circuits that feed back down Russell for individual house drops. I've heard talk of permitting
delays and mostly want to know if we managed to dodge those problems in our area. I assume if they
are installing "last 500 ft." equipment two blocks away from us, we should be good to go soon.
Any additional info out there?

Regards,
Chuck
by dane » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:32 pm
If they're doing finishing in the passive splitter cabinet box on the pole nearby that feeds your street, you're good! You can expect activation of the area shortly after that work is complete and tested.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by rtisys » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:01 am
Thanks for the update.....have suggested to the field folks that they stop by for coffee ("feel free to bring
along my fiber drop"); but they're very determined to work through the rain and get the job done. Glad to
have them in the neighborhood.

Regards,
Chuck McP (Corner, Russell and Florence St. Berkeley)
3 posts Page 1 of 1