Rolling out fiber in Redwood City?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
160 posts Page 9 of 16
by oddhack » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:45 am
dane wrote:Some info here: https://youtu.be/RweDtx3rWEE
If the mask the tech in this video is wearing has an exhalation valve, which it looks like it does, that is not likely to be CDC-approved for COVID-19 safety.
by dane » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:02 am
oddhack wrote:
dane wrote:Some info here: https://youtu.be/RweDtx3rWEE
If the mask the tech in this video is wearing has an exhalation valve, which it looks like it does, that is not likely to be CDC-approved for COVID-19 safety.
Yes, that video was made before this was widely understood. We use proper respirators today.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by jonocampo » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:36 pm
Just got Sonic installed in San Carlos (Cross streets are San Carlos Ave and Chestnut St)

980down/960up !!!!

I paid my first month bill a year ago in order to (allegedly) prioritize my install. Now that the install is complete, it is well worth the wait!
by bjeung » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:53 pm
jonocampo wrote: I paid my first month bill a year ago in order to (allegedly) prioritize my install. Now that the install is complete, it is well worth the wait!
Only a year ago? Lucky you. It's been almost 10 months since my last construction update and almost 2 years since my pre-order!

Hoping to get fiber before senility sets in and I forget that I ordered it.
by bayfiber » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:01 am
We are still working through adjusting timelines in your area. Tentatively, we have your area moving into the construction phase in summer 2021. We thank you for your patience and continued support of Sonic!
I went from "expect your area to begin lighting up in winter!" to this. I will probably be waiting a total of 2 years, since I got that pre-order card in my mailbox in July 2019. Sure would have been nice to get that card in my mailbox this month instead of making me wait that long.

This is of course, assuming I even get fiber this Summer. I may be waiting until 2022.
by jdban101 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:41 pm
The wait continues. I preordered on March 2nd, 2019. The email updates stopped about a year ago for me, I wonder if those will start up again at some point.

I haven't seen a sonic fiber truck anywhere nearby in the past year.
by mgoldburg » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:45 pm
I spoke to a Sonic technician in December. His truck was parked near Whipple and Iris. He said that he was surveying poles, but didn't have information to share on rollout schedules.
by ranous » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:07 pm
The Sonic team is almost complete with work in the Central Office with one last cable scheduled for placement next week. You will then move into the next Construction phase later this spring! We are so excited to be bringing you the fastest internet in California!
So, does this mean it might be soon? I guess it depends on how many more phases there are until I get hooked up. I'd love to see a roadmap of the phases so I can get a sense of where we really are now.
by bayfiber » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:04 pm
ranous wrote:
The Sonic team is almost complete with work in the Central Office with one last cable scheduled for placement next week. You will then move into the next Construction phase later this spring! We are so excited to be bringing you the fastest internet in California!
So, does this mean it might be soon? I guess it depends on how many more phases there are until I get hooked up. I'd love to see a roadmap of the phases so I can get a sense of where we really are now.
Same thing here. I would love to see the same thing. What does NEXT Construction phase even mean? NEXT Construction of what, exactly?

Any staff out there able to map the phases out for us? I don't know if I'm getting fiber this Summer or late 2022.
by bayfiber » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:53 am
The Sonic team has completed work in the Central Office in your area. We are currently waiting on aerial permits to gain access to telephone poles in your community. We expect your area to begin lighting at the end of Summer.
Finally some progress. End of Summer. Here's hoping.
160 posts Page 9 of 16