Medical Alert Service

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by Dave » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:48 am
Any advice on using a medical alert service? The test calls that are being sent by the medical alert button dont reach the call center. The signal from the button activates the unit and the call will dial out, but drops before it connects to the call center. The call center tells us that they can see the signal hitting the data screen, but its very garbled (junk signal) and loses the live transmition. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
by dane » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:36 pm
If you could send to support@sonic.net the specifics of a date & time and called number of one of the calls, that would be useful in running down the issue.

Also, please ask the medical alert folks what technology their system uses. Modem (what speed?), tones, etc? We haven't encountered any devices that don't work recently, so this would be good additional data. Please include it in your email to support.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Dave » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:44 pm
Dane, thank you for the reply. I will get as much information as I can from our tech support people. We have been having lots of problems in the last week or so with calls being dropped. I would be more than happy to drop off a working unit if that might help. Thanks so much.
Dave
3 posts Page 1 of 1