Fiber in North Oakland/Longfellow/Temescal

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
35 posts Page 4 of 4
by pmsaunders » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:35 am
Good for you! I eagerly await being able to share your joy; we're ~10 blocks from you and don't even have an estimate yet.
by dane » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:35 pm
pmsaunders wrote:
Good for you! I eagerly await being able to share your joy; we're ~10 blocks from you and don't even have an estimate yet.

I checked your site in our GIS, and it appears you've got aerial utilities but that they are isolated by undergrounding at the end of your street. That'll be a challenge, because today Oakland doesn't have a good regulatory framework for new underground utility construction. FYI!
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by Kidhack » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:55 pm
Any chance your coming to Temescal/ 45th st & Webster?
by sonicthehedgehog » Wed May 13, 2020 2:40 pm
to piggyback on kidhack, it seems like either sonic's own fiber or ATT fiber is available on most streets in temescal now, but with a few small blindspots -- like 45th st, parts of webster and some other streets.

do you have any idea of when those holes might get filled in?

thanks!
by dane » Thu May 14, 2020 2:55 pm
sonicthehedgehog wrote:
to piggyback on kidhack, it seems like either sonic's own fiber or ATT fiber is available on most streets in temescal now, but with a few small blindspots -- like 45th st, parts of webster and some other streets.

do you have any idea of when those holes might get filled in?

thanks!

Today in that region we are focused on the delivery to the public schools, then as that completes we'll be building out to homes nearby. So you're seeing a lot of Sonic construction, but it's all backbone and anchor tenant work, not yet consumer distribution.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
35 posts Page 4 of 4