Fiber install to 2300 Block of Spaulding, Berkeley?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by digitalbitstream » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:30 pm
Is there a way to get a map of the fiber distribution area, covering the 2300 block of Spaulding. I know utilities on University are underground, and done decades ago, so I assume there's no way Sonic can get past that area. Which way would Spaulding be fed from?
by dane » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:54 pm
digitalbitstream wrote:Is there a way to get a map of the fiber distribution area, covering the 2300 block of Spaulding. I know utilities on University are underground, and done decades ago, so I assume there's no way Sonic can get past that area. Which way would Spaulding be fed from?
I need some sort of a "Why did the chicken cross the road" joke to go here. But don't worry, we know how to cross University! Next time you drive University, look up and maybe you'll spot us flying overhead. ;) But at your location, you'll be served out of the Berkeley CO on Durant, so the right question to ask, is how did the chicken cross Shattuck?! (Hint: he flew.)

In regards to your FDA, here's the region. It's overdue to go live - but the current projected date is about six weeks out, in early April. (Of course, any dates that I speculate at here are subject to change, due to factors outside of our control such as access, weather, permits, etc. Please do not rely on them.)

Dane Jasper
Sonic
by davidbell » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:00 pm
Hi I live on the 2200 block on Spaulding. I have noticed a lot of Sonic trucks around California Street (one block east) and on Allston Way (intersecting street). There was one that came down our block and installed a device that looks like a snow shoe with an attitude in front of out driveway (I met them with my wife and offered them some coffee... great crew BTW :) . Given all the activity, (and as an IT professional in software development and systems configuration I appreciate the time needed to test and retest complex networked equipment for reliability and performance targets) any ballpark estimate for my area rollout? Being in IT, I realize that estimated times of activation (completion) are approximations, but a rough estimate would be appreciated. Thanks.
3 posts Page 1 of 1