Availability tool distances vary wildly across units

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:45 pm
I'm moving to a new apartment in 94110. From my own research, I estimated I was around 2600 feet away from the CO; an excellent distance to be for fusion. When I entered my address and unit number into the "check availability" tool it told me I was 9100 feet away. But, when I try again without the unit number it says 3000 feet; when I try a unit next to me I get 2500 feet! I can even enter bogus unit numbers and get back different answers. So, I'm wondering, how reliable is the tool exactly? Is there a way to find out what speeds people in my building (or buildings close to it) get before putting down $75 for installation?
by dane » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:26 pm
Putting in an active tel number in the premise May give more accurate results.

That said, there is really no way to determine performance prior to actual delivery with any accuracy. This is one reason that we have a full and unconditional 30 day money back guarantee. (There is actually only one condition: if the circuit is not working, you must give us an opportunity to fix it. Denying us a chance to fix wouldn't be fair. ;)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1