Can I request for no RG on AT&T resold service

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by hmw » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:03 pm
I currently have AT&T Gigabit Fiber and would like to move to Sonic

I checked the availability - and it says Fusion IP Broadband FX3 is available for $90/m along with $6.50 for ATA and $9.50 for the RG

Can I get service without the RG? i.e. just an ethernet port that I can use to connect to my own UTM and gateway?
by dane » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:11 am
No, I’m afraid not. AT&T requires the RG for authentication and integration into the UVerse network. From their perspective, this gives them an end-to-end point of integration and test capabilities.

But this device can generally be put into a “DMZ Plus” or bridge mode, allowing consumers to put their own routers behind the RG in order to manage your own routing capabilities if that’s your preference.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by PeterK » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:34 pm
Dan but your version of the firmware supports real bridge mode to the ONT? Yes or No?

I have att gig and “their firmware” has this true bridge mode removed from the firmware. Their Dmz+ an ip path trough have routing issues for ipv6. The only options is using USG to bypass it all together.
by rlucus » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:32 pm
As someone who was using ATT fiber resold by Sonic. I can confirm the ATT modem has bridge mode disabled and the best option is to use eap_proxy on a ubiquity USG to take the authentication traffic and route it to the modem while sending the rest of the traffic to your LAN.
4 posts Page 1 of 1