very very slow speeds all of a sudden

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
13 posts Page 1 of 2
by rebel316 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:13 pm
Anyone in the SF area experience some extreme slow speeds (on legacy dsl)? Suddenly I'm getting huge lag spikes and speeds are nearly at dialup speeds.
by rebel316 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:18 pm
Nevermind! As I spoke, it fixed itself.
by Guest » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:19 pm
yeah, it's just awful and has been for a day or two.
by rebel316 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:07 pm
Spoke too soon as the lag just resurfaced.
by kelly » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:03 pm
We've also been getting slower than average speeds today (regular DSL/not Fusion). Tried resetting the modem a few times and still only getting 1.6-1.9 MBs and our average was 2.5-2.6 MBs.
by Guest » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:37 pm
My service in SF is haywire right now. Useless, cant connect at all. My computer shows it connecting and disconnecting about every five seconds. Been t8his way since around 11:00. Anyone else?
by dane » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:45 am
Guest wrote:My service in SF is haywire right now. Useless, cant connect at all. My computer shows it connecting and disconnecting about every five seconds. Been t8his way since around 11:00. Anyone else?
Trouble like this would be an issue with your individual circuit. If you want to self-diagnose, you can do a few things on your side (make sure you've got all jacks filtered, unplug all phones in case one is interfering, test at MPOE, etc; see also: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=196 ). But once these items have been eliminated, you will need to contact support. We might swap your modem, or dispatch a technician from our firm or AT&T to test and repair the line. Find support contact info, including current hold times, here: http://www.sonic.net/support/index.shtml
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by shankark » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:12 pm
My speed is about 450kbps now. I used to be around 4.5 mbps. Yes, I'm in San Francisco. And the connection has also been sporadically lost today.
by dane » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:18 pm
shankark wrote:My speed is about 450kbps now. I used to be around 4.5 mbps. Yes, I'm in San Francisco. And the connection has also been sporadically lost today.
Do ring support, they can check the charts on your circuit and see if it has degraded.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by shankark » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:13 pm
shankark wrote:My speed is about 450kbps now. I used to be around 4.5 mbps. Yes, I'm in San Francisco. And the connection has also been sporadically lost today.
I called the tech support today, and the guy at Sonic said it looked there is something wrong with my phone line.
Indeed, there has been some construction going on at my house, and they inadvertently melted the plastics around the phone lines when they were burning some copper.
So I believe the problem is fixed now.
13 posts Page 1 of 2