DSL speed dropping overnight

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
12 posts Page 1 of 2
by rthughes » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:41 pm
I have the same problem I read about elsewhere. I''ve had a rock solid 11Mbps, for months. Then, starting a few weeks ago, when I get up in the morning, the speed has dropped to around 5Mbps. If I reset, it goes back up to 11Mbps for the rest of the day. This drop happens overnight after 1am. Each and every night, the exact same drop happens, like clockwork.
by dane » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:53 pm
You should email support, they can look at the charts for your line, and ASSIA performance optimization history and see if something is amiss.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by rthughes » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:12 pm
I contacted them a few weeks back. I'll try again.
by dane » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:22 pm
Just a guess, but one possibility might also be a source of local interference that comes on at 1am each night.

But our team can check the ASSIA PO history and see what if anything has been changed on our side.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by rthughes » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:49 pm
So this has kept up since August, with the speed dropping down every night. Since it was so easily
fixed by by cycling the power on the router, I didn't bother going to tech support again. However,
sometime last week, the drop stopped happening. Now I have a steady 11Mbps again, for 24
hours a day.
by dane » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:22 pm
rthughes wrote:So this has kept up since August, with the speed dropping down every night. Since it was so easily
fixed by by cycling the power on the router, I didn't bother going to tech support again. However,
sometime last week, the drop stopped happening. Now I have a steady 11Mbps again, for 24
hours a day.
Interesting. Glad to hear it appears to be resolved. Do you know of anything that may have changed in your environment that could have been causing the issue?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by rthughes » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:11 pm
Not a thing. I'm assuming it's something outside my building.
by virtualmike » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:00 am
Out of curiosity, what's your general area (town name or zip code)?
by rthughes » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:11 am
by virtualmike » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:13 pm
Thanks. Support has been dealing with somewhat similar issues on my line, though it doesn't drop every night, and sometimes it happens during the day. I'm not in your neighborhood, though.
12 posts Page 1 of 2