94116 outage sunset area of Sf. Anyone else having issues?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by jlavins » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:19 pm
I checked the status page and do not see any info posted. I restarted my modem and am only getting flashing lights. Anyone else having issues?
by dane » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:35 pm
If the lights on the ONT (optical network terminal, the small white box that connects to the fiber) do not indicate that it’s connected, best bet is to text or call support, see http://sonic.com/support to get started.

It could be just the fiber drop or equipment in your home, or all of the homes on a single OLT port (the CO side, the optical line terminal, serves about 30 homes), or the whole card (8 OLT ports, about 240 homes). Could also be the entire chassis, or uplink.

But in any of these cases, support can quickly look at the adjacent customers by port and card and coordinate repair, dispatching an inside plant tech to the CO or an outside plant repair team.

Do reach out!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:36 pm
If the lights on the ONT (optical network terminal, the small white box that connects to the fiber) do not indicate that it’s connected, best bet is to text or call support, see http://sonic.com/support to get started.

It could be just the fiber drop or equipment in your home, or all of the homes on a single OLT port (the CO side, the optical line terminal, serves about 30 homes), or the whole card (8 OLT ports, about 240 homes). Could also be the entire chassis, or uplink.

But in any of these cases, support can quickly look at the adjacent customers by port and card and coordinate repair, dispatching an inside plant tech to the CO or an outside plant repair team.

Do reach out!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1