Sonic Equipment MIA?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by shane82388 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:22 pm
I ordered the top tier Sonic Fiber internet on 01/08 and received a tracking number for the equipment for the install..this package was inexplicably sent from Santa Rosa to Burlingame (en route to me in Petaluma?) and which now just appears to be sitting down there with USPS…?

I live in Petaluma and have my installation scheduled for tomorrow early and I’m pretty worried that this won’t be here in time for the installer to be able to do the install? Not even sure what they are sending?

Is this going to be a problem for my scheduled installation tomorrow morning? I really hope not, as we moved a lot of things around (figuratively and literally) to accommodate the install and I really hope it all won't be derailed at this point.

Anyone had this happen before?
by dane » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:02 pm
If this is Fusion IP Broadband on the AT&T network, the equipment that's being shipped is likely the Sonic analog telephone adaptor - the AT&T service tech will install the router when they're there. The telephone adaptor can be plugged into the router any time afterward. But note, if you're porting your telephone number from another carrier, do not discontinue that service or you will lose your number! To port, you'll need to wait until you've received and connected the telephone adaptor. It must be online and registered with our phone switch before the porting can be initiated.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1