My Horrible First Experience with Sonic (AT&T)

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by bayareacustomer » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:19 pm
TLDR at bottom

I decided to make the switch over to Sonic from AT&T due to better speeds, pricing, and great reviews from friends but today was my installation appointment and I've just had a horrible experience. For some quick background, my appointment was scheduled from 1-3PM and I had another engagement at 6:30 PM. I know that they require a 4 hour window so I was okay with being late to my other engagement but that's the reason why I was rushing and contacting customer service ASAP.

At 3PM, I promptly called customer service and was able to get connected pretty quickly and the agent said that they would contact AT&T and call me back.

30 minutes later, I called again to check on the status and this new agent said that the other agent was still on hold but somehow this new agent was able to "see what he could do" and was able to get in contact. He let me know that they were running behind and that the technician had been dispatched 3:25 PM. Ok, late but at least now I know he is on the way.

It's almost 4:25 now and STILL no technician. At this point, I'm pretty frustrated and worried about missing my other appointment so I start calling (third time now) to see if I can get the appointment rescheduled. As I'm connecting to an agent, I see the AT&T truck pull up right outside my house. FINALLY.

At this point, I'm just watching from my window to make sure it is for my house. He gets out of the car and goes to the back and proceeds to check something. Now, I start to go downstairs and proceed to turn on lights, move things around, to make his job easier and get him in and out as soon as possible. About around 10 minutes later, I go back up to the window to see where he is at as I didn't hear any knocks or doorbell rings and I watch as he pulls away from my neighborhood!!!

I contact Sonic customer support AGAIN and the agent says that he will try to get ahold of the tech as they can usually turn around. Unfortunately he comes back to me saying that the tech reported that "no one was home". The support agent is pretty sympathetic and tells me that he'll escalate the issue to the tech's manager and he's able to get me rescheduled to tomorrow.

So now, I'm really hoping that I won't have any issues tomorrow but has anyone encountered anything similar and what can I really do on my end to make sure this doesn't happen tomorrow...I know that I should've just ran out the minute he came but I feel like I shouldn't have to do that... Do they really expect us to look outside for the truck during the whole 2 hour window? Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

TLDR:
  • Technician dispatched 25 minutes past appointment window
  • Finally arrived an hour after dispatch time
  • Didn't ring or knock and left after 10 minutes
  • Called customer support and got rescheduled to tomorrow
  • What can I do to make sure this doesn't happen tomorrow
by davidlee576 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:17 pm
I always recommend taking the 8am appointment. That way you will be the first customer of the day and the tech should not be late due to another customer's difficult install.
by bayareacustomer » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:04 pm
I understand that might've helped the fact that they weren't on time but in my case the tech still wouldn't have bothered to come to the door and at least knock or ring the doorbell...It just makes me mad that they didn't put any effort especially given that I'd already been hounding customer service multiple times wondering where the tech was...
3 posts Page 1 of 1