Forced switch to AT&T UVerse?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
34 posts Page 1 of 4
by bobrk » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:50 pm
I have the Sonic ADSL Elite-S service. Just got a letter from AT&T saying that I was going to be switched to U-Verse. Can I ignore this letter or must I take action to stay with Sonic or is staying with Sonic even possible?
by wa2ibm » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:15 am
Bob:

Another Sonic ADSL customer asked the same question earlier:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=792

Dane replied that this should not have happened and he'd like to see a copy of that letter. I haven't seen a reply to that comment as of yet. I'm also on Sonic ADSL (via an RT) and I'm also concerned about this possible forced conversion.
by bobrk » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:18 am
Thanks, I thought I'd seen that, but I couldn't find it in the forum...
by bobrk » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:49 am
It looks like a slamming tactic to me:

I've already sent Dane a copy of the letter.
by triciaday » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:13 pm
Although this could just be a paperwork mistake, that is really shady on AT&T's part.
by bobrk » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:24 pm
Dane commented over on DSLReports that it could be a mistake.

I assume I can just ignore it for now.
by bobrk » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:45 pm
So are they actually going to fix this? I got another letter this week, with an extra copy in Spanish, in case I didn't get the message.
by gp1628 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:47 am
On the one hand they could be totally screwing up and converting all old DSL lines to Uverse not realizing how it would affect people who bought thru another ISP.

On the other hand, they could be switching DSL services to Uverse to simplify their system just because they are tired of keeping track of the differences. Maybe it will allow all of the old service to continue as usual but also open up some new features. Huh? Huh? Wouldnt that be nice?
(yeah I doubt it too but it would be nice)

Waiting for my letter
Gandalf Parker
by virtualmike » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:39 pm
I'd be concerned that AT&T has decided to cut down on copper from the CO, but switching to VRADS instead of RTs.
by bobrk » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:20 am
Interesting. I'm behind an RT or else I would have been on fusion already.
34 posts Page 1 of 4