Recent Berkeley Hills Installs ?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
24 posts Page 2 of 3
by digitalbitstream » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:57 pm
Well, encourage Sonic to hurry up and do this area.
This especially as they've already sunk the costs.

If they've got live customers in the undergrounding area, it becomes easier
to argue that Sonic (and future competitors) should be accommodated in future undergrounding projects.

Consider signing up for activism alerts at:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum ... -utilities
by cmeisel » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:40 pm
I agree at the same time I trust them to weigh this. I can only assume they discuss cost. In every business (especially ISP) you have a cost to set up infrastructure and it only makes sense if you can get that money back by having customers for years to come. Depending on how much it cost to set each person up (probably several hundred) they may not what to spend that if these users go away in a few month. Dane strikes me as very responsible and somebody who cares about customers and the company so give them time
by frankbh » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:48 pm
To cmeisel who asked if there have been any recent installs in the Berkeley hills: I'm in SF but have friends on Santa Barbara Road at Florida Ave in Berkeley who got their Sonic fiber last week, replacing their Sonic Fusion DSL. Sonic provided them with an Eero base (directly connected to the ONT, no Pace or SMART RG unit) and an Eero beacon remote unit. They also told me they saw Sonic trucks a couple of times on their block in the past week.
by cmeisel » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:33 am
Sonic is beginning installs in the Berkeley Hills. Very exciting for sure go sonic !
by stephencsu » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:08 pm
The Sonic field team just put a construction notice hanger on my front door this afternoon on lower Summit Rd, which is included in the utility undergrounding.

"Sonic Gigabit Fiber Internet construction crews will be working in your area to build out a new fiber optic network. Our crews will be on your street, working on the utility poles. If you have utility poles on your property, we may need to access them. This should not disrupt any of your utility services, and our goal is to minimize any inconvenience to you. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

Here's a picture of the "SONIC TELECOM" line mounted to the utility poles.
sonic_fiber.jpg
sonic_fiber.jpg (97.07 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
by stephencsu » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:53 pm
Service installation is now available on lower Summit Rd!
by cmeisel » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:12 pm
Sonic installed this morning in my house (Avenida Dr. close to Grizzly Peak).
IMG_0559.png
IMG_0559.png (90.46 KiB) Viewed 2330 times
by ds_sonic_asif » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:35 pm
cmeisel wrote:Sonic installed this morning in my house (Avenida Dr. close to Grizzly Peak).
Congrats.
by Larns576 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:51 pm
Grats! Are those speeds over the Eero wifi? I'm thinking of upgrading my Pace with an Eero or possibly Orbi.
by dane » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:28 pm
Larns576 wrote:Grats! Are those speeds over the Eero wifi? I'm thinking of upgrading my Pace with an Eero or possibly Orbi.
The Sonic Eero setup is awesome. If you’re already online with Sonic, you can add them here: https://members.sonic.net/equipment/order

Or, during your installation, the technician can help you size the configuration and set them up.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
24 posts Page 2 of 3