Questions about business service (to a business address in Berkeley)

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by xtian.stratus » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:45 am
Hi,

I'm a happy sonic residential customer and a business owner.

I have a retail business on Solano Ave in Berkeley (close to Fresno Ave) that uses ATT for DSL and phones.
I'd like to add a gigabit fiber service to it.

I have resisted upgrading my existing service because I rely on a set of POTS phone lines set up in a hunt group.

Years ago, I was told Sonic can't support that so I've stuck with ATT.
Is that still a limitation?
I'm considering just adding sonic gigabit fiber along side the existing ATT service.

Aside from speed, I would also benefit from having a truly separate LAN for my POS systems. (I could keep wifi on the old, slower network)
by m.harmon » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:32 am
We would want to know what services you can get at that location before we can figure out the details. Have you been able to input your Solano address in the checker?

https://www.sonic.com/availability
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by xtian.stratus » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:37 pm
m.harmon wrote:We would want to know what services you can get at that location before we can figure out the details. Have you been able to input your Solano address in the checker?
the checker for small business offers 50Mbs or 24Mbs - neither appear to be fiber.
by xtian.stratus » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:07 pm
Hi - I just checked again, same offerings as previously posted.
Is this still DSL?

We host a server on site as well as cameras and music streaming and would love to have symmetric gigabit service or something at least partway there.
by m.harmon » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:42 am
Our availability page had the most updated information. Whatever it shows you there is what we have currently.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
5 posts Page 1 of 1