Cannot do hot cut for bonded fusion

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1 post Page 1 of 1
by aerith3 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:52 pm
Hello,

I got my sonic.net fusion service up, but I was sadly told that there is no way to do hot cut for bonded fusion.

Because of this, instead of getting at least 6016 sync on both lines (which is what I had with launchnet adsl1 service, and this number is not attainable sync, which was closer to 7000+ for adsl1 with launchnet) the number is only less than 5000.

As a result, my speeds are the following for the lines:

Line one: 4.1 mbps
Line two: 4.1 mbps

With launchnet, I had, for my download speed 5.1 mbps on BOTH lines, for 6 mbps ADSL1.

I don't understand why a hot cut cannot be done with bonded fusion, and as one can see above, if a hot cut was not done, and new copper loops are runned, I lose performance.

Yes, dane, I have contacted customer support, and they said "nothing can be done," and the CSR then talked to John Kerr, and said to that CSR "nothing can be done".

I was told I was at 8900 feet to the CO, but if I got ADSL1 6 Mbps, then I know I am much closer than that. In my opinion, I should be around 7600 feet to the CO.

I am not too happy that about 1300 feet of wire looks like was added.

I think something can be done, and that is AT&T need to come out, and lose the about 1300 feet of wire, and/or the pairs that are with AT&T/Launchnet are hot cut to sonic.net fusion.

Dane, I think you are the only one who can override John Kerr, and the other CSRs, so please help me with this problem, otherwise I will go with Comcrap Business Class, if this problem can't be solved.

If you would like to contact my existing ISP, Launchnet, here's their telephone: 1-888-528-6242

When contacting Launchnet, ask about an account for [redacted], and the phone numbers in question are:

[redacted]
[redacted]

Both those lines have not been cancelled, and those copper pairs are active, but are not connected to my home, because AT&T ran new loops for sonic.net.

Dane, please help me, thanks.
1 post Page 1 of 1