Sonic + AT&T fiber - anyone having success?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
23 posts Page 3 of 3
by larns576 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:19 am
i believe the ATT router is required for their fiber service as authentication is handled through it. You can add devices after it though.
by jimboj13 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:30 pm
I signed up for Fusion IP Broadband (Sonic + AT&T Fiber in San Francisco) on 11/10/18 and now over two months later, five AT&T no shows, over 21 calls to Sonic, I'm still without service. Each time I call Sonic, it feels like I'm calling for the first time, and I have to request escalation. At this stage, I would have expected my install problems would warrant an automatic escalation. I know it's difficult working with AT&T, but in my case, it would seem that the coordination has totally failed. I was hoping to get this resolved without having to post on the forums, but I've reached my limit. I just requested to speak with a supervisor, but I received the standard 24-48 hour call back time-frame and maybe AT&T would be out tomorrow. All of this has become completely unacceptable. I hope there's a response from Dane to address all of these install problems. I've been a loyal Sonic DSL customer since 2011, but this Fusion install has really tested my limits.
by john@jjordan.net » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:39 am
Got Sonic a month or so ago. Works great. ATT showed up and said they couldn't run cable. Too hard. (This is where I already have power, phone and Comcast). Called Sonic, asked for help. They got another ATT guy out who ran the cable, then Sonic hooked up. I hear that it's hard to get ATT to do anything. Thank God I can call Sonic now. If ATT isn't doing the install, get after them and ask Sonic for help with them. Don't expect ATT to do it on the first try.
23 posts Page 3 of 3