updates on bushrod fiber rollout?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by jayc » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:26 pm
I see a lot of updates here about Berkeley and I was wondering if there was an update on the rollout in the Bushrod neighborhood. I am at Shattuck and Alcatraz.
by jacob.karinen » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:07 am
We're working on building out our fiber network as quickly as we can. During the holiday seasons we're putting construction on hold so that we aren't negatively impacting local businesses in the Berkeley area. You can see if your address is in a fiber expansion area by going to sonic.com/availability. If it says it's available we'll be bringing fiber to you soon but I don't have a timeline in it.
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
by dane » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:01 am
jacob.karinen wrote:We're working on building out our fiber network as quickly as we can. During the holiday seasons we're putting construction on hold so that we aren't negatively impacting local businesses in the Berkeley area.
No, this isn't correct. There was a real concern that we would be held up on one specific segment, a critical conduit that is being installed in a recently paved street near downtown Berkeley that would be affected by a holiday road work moratorium, but we obtained the permit in time and are completing that work prior to the moratorium start date.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by aanon » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:08 pm
Wow, 3 Bushrod comments in a week!

Check out the Sonic Fiber into Rockridge post viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7595
The first page has a post from Dane with a map and rollout info.
by aanon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:25 pm
I was able to use the upgrade service tool in Member Tools to schedule my fiber installation in Bushrod. After a long wait we're almost to the finish!
by dane » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:31 am
aanon wrote:I was able to use the upgrade service tool in Member Tools to schedule my fiber installation in Bushrod. After a long wait we're almost to the finish!
Bravo! Please tell all of your neighbors, ASAP! If you use Nextdoor.com or have a neighborhood listserve or forum, do let them know.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
6 posts Page 1 of 1